Friday, July 14, 2006



"me tired...and a tad depressed" by .wilkie on Flickr.

well its the end of my first big week working full time at heytesbury as the IT man!! the one and only of course :P currently i look after the IT departments for 5 (heytesbury head office, heytesbury beef (including 7 or 8 rural stations), heytesbury stud, vasse felix (the winery) and the holmes à court gallery) of the 30 or so companies in the heytesbury group (which by the way is one of the largest privately owned companies in australia). i have the pleasure of working alongside janet holmes a court and her son paul, both very nice and distinguished people. i love working there, it has been a good experience so far (cept for shitty fiona lol) and i foresee it as being a good stepping stone onto bigger and better things for me in the long run.

im thinking now that i am probably a very lucky kid. i was complaining today that fiona (paul's and one of janet's PAs) keeps shifting work onto me that she should be doing, and it ended up me getting toner on my $300 shirt. sitting here and thinking leads me to consider that not everyone even has $300 shirts to complain about getting toner on. as i think back over my whole live, i actually see that i have been very lucky. i have been given so many good opportunities that others can only dream of...i have things others will never own in their entire lifetimes and generally my life is very easy.

i guess thats why the small things now are now starting to become so obvious to me to sort out. i have been living my exciting busy life, but the things that define me are sitting in a messy heap waiting to be looked at and sorted.

anyway, i just wanted to say to anyone who is listening...i am very thankful for the opportunities my life has presented me so far, and i only hope i can be so lucky all throughout my life.



Archives

  July 2004     August 2004     November 2004     December 2004     April 2005     May 2005     June 2005     July 2005     August 2005     September 2005     October 2005     November 2005     December 2005     January 2006     February 2006     March 2006     April 2006     May 2006     June 2006     July 2006     August 2006     September 2006     October 2006     November 2006     December 2006     January 2007     February 2007     March 2007     April 2007     May 2007